Tuesday, May 8, 2007

bye bye lorelei

And so it ends. perhaps more with a whimper than a bang.
I am talking about Gilmore Girls of course, a show that has been dear to me for the past seven years ( perhaps more - I'm losing count) and has been recently cancelled.

Sadly I'm not surprised. This last season has been a sinking ship of mediocre writing. This is hard for me to say because until this year, Gilmore Girls has consistently been the best written show on TV.

Week after week they kept the quality high.

Now I'm low.

Oh wait:



Things I have never done before:

Bought and sold a house.
Purchased a brand new car.
Hired a criminal lawyer.
Had tea with the Queen.

Oh well 3 out of Four ain't bad.


I have never blogged before. This is strange as i am not sure to whom I am writing this to or for.

Perhaps I'll just remain scattered for awhile.

I'm pondering karma.

oh and criminal lawyers.

2 comments:

C. A. Jackson said...

You are not writing 'to' or 'for' anyone other than yourself.

Deanna McFadden said...

You are so right that GG was a stinking pile of poo this season but I couldn't tear myself away.

The problem, if you're asking me (which I know you're not) is that they were imitating the characters, and the writers just couldn't get it right, no matter how hard Rory and Lorelai echoed former versions of themselves.